Apple Macbook Air$$$
Camera - 720p Face Time HD Webcam2.6/5
Display - 2560*1600 13-inch Retina True Tone display(IPS, Backlit LED)5.0/5
Storage - 256 GB PCle SSD5.0/5
- Faster Processing
- Touch ID, the fingerprint sensor, got built-in MacBook Air 2020
- sharp retina display with 2560*1600 resolution
- 6k external display for the first time by Apple.
- Force Touch trackpad of MacBook Air 2020 is 20% extended
- MacBook Air 2020 incorporates the 720p resolution webcam
- no SD slot for the SD card.
- the screen bezel of MacBook Air 2020 is more extensive.
- A little muted screen colors are discovered
- MacBook Air 2020 doesn’t comprise a support of Wi-Fi 6
Best Electronics is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Learn more
MacBook Air 2020, the Apple laptop, is again in trend as the most capable and reliable pick for students or professionals. The brand new elements with a trivial keyboard, a higher storage capacity, and the latest Intel processor are comprised in MacBook Air 2020. So, here you are with the review guide for Apple MacBook Air 2020.
As compared to MacBook Pro, Apple’s MacBook Air 2020 is more suitable for the one seeking to low end spectrum and the high-end 13-inch display. Both costs are relatively the same on their entry-level model as MacBook Pro costs around $1299, and MacBook Air costs around $999. One will not get the touch bar but will access the touch ID function for secure and fast performance.
Macbook Air review 2020 Product Description
Apple MacBook Air 2020 includes quad-core processors with up to 16 GB of RAM. It makes the laptop more capable yet powerful than previous versions. Without increasing the price, the thinnest and the lightest design laptop is all that users want.
As of MacBook Air Review 2020, the outer finish resembles the iPhone models. The display is of 13.3 inches (0.34 m) IPS Retina possessing 2560 * 1600 pixels resolution. Comprising, the True Tone tech of Apple will accordingly adapt the display temperature to an ambient one. Not only this, bezels across the display are slimmer than before, more modernized one. The thing that is a bit odd is the corners of the screen are not circular while the bottom ones are. Though the aluminum lid surpasses protection, the display flexes easily on a little pressure. The magic keyboard is one of the adorable changes to MacBook Air 2020.
Pros & Cons
Here are the pros and cons of the Apple MacBook Air review 2020 –
- Faster Processing with the 10th Gen Intel Core Processor with 1.2GHz quad-core and 3.8GHz turbo speed. Besides, the Iris Plus Graphics by Intel delivers up to 80% faster performance than ever.
- Traditional Scissor in place of Butterfly keyboard incorporates the overhauled scissor mechanism that delivers about 1mm essential travel.
- Force Touch trackpad of MacBook Air 2020 is 20% extended, allowing you to interact with a slight pressure difference.
- Touch ID, the fingerprint sensor, got built-in MacBook Air 2020, making it easy to unlock the laptop or protected docs.
- The sharp retina display with 2560*1600 resolution with the true tone tech makes the text or image more brilliant and ambient.
- Reliable Audio with stereo speaker and blending of USB C-type versatility & ultra-high bandwidth with three ports of 2x Thunderbolt. It comprises the 6k external display for the first time by Apple.
- Available in three colors – gold, silver & space gray, the MacBook Air 2020 is made of 100% recycled aluminum.
- The MacBook Air 2020 incorporates the 720p resolution webcam, which is an outdated version.
- A little muted screen colors are discovered.
- MacBook Air review 2020 suggests that MacBook Air 2020 doesn’t comprise a support of Wi-Fi 6
- It incorporates the limited port selection and almost no SD slot for the SD card.
- Enabling the Touch ID sensors, the Apple didn’t compose Face ID login function.
- In comparison to several other window alternatives, the screen bezel of MacBook Air 2020 is more extensive.
Discover more affordable laptops for students on the Best Affordable Laptops for Students 2020 guide.
MacBook Air 2020 starts with a price tag of $999 for all and $899 for students as the education discount. The price is yet affordable than the previous MacBook Air for the ones who are banging on their bucks. One can also overlook the trade-in or financing options to make its price easier to estimate. In all, the price is lower than for the entry-level version.
Despite its price, the MacBook Air 2020 comprises 256 GB of storage capacity at $999. Besides, Apple has also complimented the high-end MacBook Air with the 10th Gen Intel i5 quad-core processor. One can upgrade their MacBook Air with double RAM, up to 2TB storage, and a faster i7 processor at $2,249.
Apple products are always reliable, and here Apple’s MacBook Air 2020 is relevant to all. Its quality and performance are not at all an issue. Besides, the keyboard functionality, resolution, and other problems are resolved. So, I recommend using MacBook Air 2020, especially if you are a student. Below you can discover the product specifications of the MacBook Air.
With a dimension of 11.97 * 8.36 * 0.63 inches, The MacBook Air review 2020 is slightly thicker and weighs around 1.29 kg (2.8 pounds) compared to the previous model. Employing the 10th Gen Intel CPU, the MacBook Air offers a faster and improvised processing experience. The base version with the i3 core processor of the MacBook Air 2020 consists of 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and the 256 GB SSD.
Further, it features the Bluetooth 5, dual-band Wi-Fi ac, HD webcam, and a 50 Wh battery acquiring 11hrs battery life. It gets shipped with 10 Catalina macOS and comprises the free upgrade to 11 Big Sur macOS. It also supports the macOS’s sidecar function that allows one to use the iPad as the second wireless display.
The Ice Lake i3 core processor in the retina model of MacBook Air 2020 is robust yet powerful but not that better than the 5th Gen i5 core Broadwell. The Macbook Air retina version surpasses 16.3fps in the GFXBench Aztec metal ruins test while the earlier version has 30 fps. But in terms of graphics, the Iris plus graphic chip of the retina model has 29.2fps while non-retina has 20fps.
Apart from all, the SSD performance is improved as it has an average 1.15GBps and 1.63GBps in writer and read tests. Virtually, there is no fan noise in the i3 core model, and the magic keyboard is superior enough. Texts and images appear sharper on the retina display with no uneven edges. The stereo speakers proffer louder sounds.
The MacBook Air review 2020 suggests that the MacBook Air is not suitable for gaming but can handle labels from the App store.
Some people who have used it had suffered from two reboots, and the battery doesn’t withstand up to 11 or 12 hrs on a single charge. Meanwhile, it takes about an hour or half to get fully charged with the Type-C 30W USB.
Here are some brief specifications of the MacBook Air 2020 –
CPU – 1.1GHz Intel core i3-1000NG4 (4 threads, dual-core, 4MB cache, over 3.2GHz)
RAM – 8GB (3,733 MHz LPDDR4X)
Graphics – Intel Iris Plus
Screen – 2560 * 1600 13-inch Retina True Tone display (IPS, Backlit LED)
Storage – 256GB PCle SSD
Connectivity – Bluetooth 5, 802.11ac Wi-Fi
Weight – 1.29 Kg (2.8 pounds)
Ports – 3.5mm headphone jack, 2x Thunderbolts 3 (USB-C)
Camera – 720p Face Time HD Webcam
Size – 11.97 * 8.36 * 0.63 inches (30.41 * 21.24 * 1.61 cm)
Final Words –
For a better display, compact body, and all major upgrades, one should prefer using MacBook Air. Additionally, the new keyboard is fixed with the issues, and pricing is affordable for most out there. With more robust and capable qualities, the MacBook Air with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor with a macOS blend offers a far better experience than before.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.